Recipe created by Christina Strudwick, MS, RD, CSSD, LD www.thefueledathlete.com
- 1 lb lean flank steak
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 (medium thick) asparagus spears
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 organic raw honey
- 1 ginger
- 1 garlic (paste)
- 1 sesame oil
- Juice from 1 mandarin orange
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Set oven to 375F.
- Cut your vegetables into thin strips/pieces.
- Slice flank steak in half to make it thinner, then cut into several strips.
- In a bowl, mix ingredients of the marinade together. Set aside about 1/4 cup marinade for brushing after baking. Add steak strips and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Take a strip of steak and place it flat down on a plate or table. Add zucchini, 1 asparagus spear, carrots, bell pepper and kale. Roll it up and repeat until all steak has been used. If needed, you can use a toothpick to secure the rolls.
- Sear the rolls in a nonstick skillet for about 1 minute in order to “cook close” the rolls.
- Place the rolls on a baking rack and bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
- Brush the baked steak rolls with the marinade that you set aside.
Nutrition Facts ~ Makes 6 total rolls ~ Serving for 2 rolls
Calories: 425, Carbohydrate: 24 gm, Fiber: 3 gm, Protein: 44 gm, Fat: 17 gm
Pair flank steak rolls with a salad or roasted veggies for more fiber for less calories!