[image via Pinterest]
A happy heart loves protein, fiber and healthy fat! This “Heart Loving Toast” recipe is packed full of lean protein (egg, cheese, and oat bread), heart-healthy fat (avocado) and cholesterol lowering (oat bread) fiber. Enjoy this toast and you will be full all morning long for less than 350 calories and 5 minutes!
- 1 slice 100% oat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 slice low-fat or 2% Swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 1/3 large avocado
- Pop oat bread in toaster.
- Cooke egg in microwave to scramble or fry on stove.
- If cooking in microwave, crack egg in microwave safe bowl and scramble with fork. Put in microwave 45 seconds then remove and scrape edges of bowl. Place in microwave again for 45 seconds. Let sit for 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once oat bread is toasted, put Swiss cheese on bread to let melt.
- Layer egg (fried or scrambled) on top of cheese.
- Top with 1/3 large avocado slices.
Calories: 334 Fat: 18 gm, Protein: 22 gm, Carbohydrates: 28 gm, Fiber: 7 gm