[image via Pinterest]
Fill your heart with healthy fat and fiber to finish off National Heart Health Month. You will satisfied for hours and your heart will thank you! Pair these salmon fish tacos with a salad or roasted vegetable for a nutrient-rich dinner!
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- Smoked or sweet paprika
- 2 Tbs. Smart Balance Butter made with olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- Pan sear salmon
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets generously with salt and pepper, and dust with a little paprika.
- Coat the bottom of a large, heavy-bottomed pan with 2 Tbs. Smart Balance butter and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot and the butter is melted, add the salmon fillets, skin side down.
- Cook, without moving, until the sides are cooked just past halfway up the fillets.
- Flip and cook, without moving, until the sides are fully cooked, then remove from the heat for medium-rare. Serve warm.
- Quickly toss each corn tortilla in skillet, front and back, after cooking salmon to heat.
- Lay corn tortillas on plates.
- Shred spinach and layer evenly on corn tortillas.
- Place ~2 oz pan seared salmon on top of spinach on each tortilla.
- Add ¼ avocado slices and drizzle each taco with pesto sauce.
Nutrition Facts for 1 Serving (Recipe makes 2 servings)
Calories: 626 Fat: 47.5 gm, Protein: 30 gm, Carbohydrates: 29 gm, Fiber: 9.5 gm