With the offseason in full gear and the team turning their focus to the draft, 5 Points Blue will be taking a look back at current Cowboys players and the skills they honed on the gridiron during their collegiate years.
Terrance Williams was selected 74th overall during the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. The wide receiver made a quick adjustment to NFL level play, finishing his rookie season with the second-most receiving yards and catches among wide receivers on the team. While he struggled with consistency this season after taking over the no. 1 receiver role due to Bryant’s injuries, he closed out the year with a career game against the Redskins and proved he can be a reliable target for Romo. But let’s throw it back to before Williams dawned the Star and take a look at his collegiate career. Check out some quick facts about his time in the Big 12 Conference.
High School: Warren Travis White High, Dallas, TX
College: Baylor University, Waco, TX
Degree: Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
The Dallas native didn’t hit the gridiron until high school, earning consecutive All-District honors and being named the 78th best prospect in Dallas Morning News’ Area Top 100 his senior year. He ultimately chose to attend Baylor University after turning down offers from Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Colorado State, among others.
- Started 34 of 51 games played as a Bear
- Career: 202 receptions for 3,334 yards and 27 touchdowns; 3 carries for 17 yards; 53 kick-off returns for 1,180 yards; 13 punt returns for 162 yards
- Set Baylor record with 4,693 career all-purpose yards
- 2nd in school history in career receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns
- 3rd in NCAA in career yardage and touchdown receptions
- 16th in NCAA in career receptions
- 1st in NCAA in receiving yards with 1,832 (2012)
- 3rd in Big 12 with 12 receiving touchdowns (2012)
- 3rd in Big 12 with 16.2 receiving yards per reception (2011)
- Consensus All-American (2012)
- First Team All-Big 12 (2012)
- Biletnikoff Award Finalist (2012)
- Second Team All-Big 12 (2011)
- Baylor Special Teams MVP (2009)